Oven Baked Chicken and Rice
|Oven Baked Chicken and Rice|
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 6 skinless chicken thighs, bone in or out
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth (or stock)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 cups long grain white rice
For Mushrooms (OPTIONAL)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces (400g) button mushrooms quartered
- 1/4 cup chives, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F | 180°C.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the olive oil, parsley, paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and coat each piece evenly with the seasoning. Set aside, allowing the flavours to absorb into the meat.
- Spray a large baking dish (10-inch x 15-inch or 25 x 35 cm) with nonstick cooking oil spray. Add the onion, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, broth (or stock) and water into the dish. Stir well to combine. Then mix in the rice.
- Arrange thighs in the water over the rice, cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked right through to the bone. Change oven setting to broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the chicken and crisp rice.
- Remove chicken thighs, mix the rice through, then arrange the chicken back on top of the rice. Cover and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes to set all of the flavours in the hot dish. The rice will finish off cooking while resting.
- While chicken is resting, prepare mushrooms (OPTIONAL):
- Heat butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant (30 seconds) and add mushrooms; cook until softened. Stir in 2 tablespoons of chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken onto a plate; fluff rice with forks,, then mix the mushrooms through the rice. Arrange chicken back onto the rice in the dish, garnish with remaining chives and chopped parsley. SERVE and enjoy!
A Secret Weapon for Oven Baked Chicken and Rice
During cooking, it's better to leave the rice alone to make sure that you don't wind up getting mushy rice. Any very long grain rice will work within this recipe. It will work!
What You Need to Do About Oven Baked Chicken and Rice Beginning in the Next Ten Minutes
When the chicken is completely cooked, it should cool before you can get rid of the meat. It's a good deal simpler to make Jerk Chicken at home than you believe. There's not anything worse than dry chicken! Rotisserie chicken may be also be used. No peek chicken is the comfortable food all of us crave but without a great deal of work. Frozen chicken should not be cooked from beginning to end in the microwave or a slow cooker unless it's been thawed first. This comforting skillet chicken and rice is simply that sort of meal.
The Key to Successful Oven Baked Chicken and Rice
The chicken is going to be finished in about one hour. Trust me, if you want chicken, this will grow into one of your favourite chicken recipes. It is one of those meats that I like more than most and eat probably 3-4 times a week. Chicken and rice is something which is quite nostalgic for me. It is a pretty basic and common dish in all households all over the world. This Baked Chicken and Rice is the ideal answer for the weeknight dinner rut. Baked teriyaki chicken with brown rice and healthier teriyaki sauce is a simple and wholesome family meal.